About Us – Finch Bay
Finch Bay Hotel Highlights
Your Central Headquarters for Galapagos Discovery
Where are the Galapagos Islands? In the Pacific Ocean, 1000 kilometres (600 miles) west of the South American coast as part of Ecuador. The award-winning Finch Bay Hotel lies just steps from the beach in a secluded location, across the bay from Puerto Ayora on the island of Santa Cruz, in the middle of the Galapagos. Guests cherish the hotel’s privacy, natural surroundings, swimming pool, fine dining and superb service.
What to expect from your Galapagos tour at the Finch Bay Hotel
The Finch Bay Hotel, Galapagos Hotel, offers an alternative way of experiencing the Galapagos Islands to taking an expedition cruise. Our all-inclusive Galapagos tour programmes, which can range from 3 to 7 nights, combine exploring visitor sites within the National Park, aboard the hotel’s own yacht, with days full of learning and relaxation closer to the hotel on Santa Cruz Island. We can also organise daily yacht excursions to stunning visitor sites with experienced naturalist guides and excellent service, as well as a range of activities on Santa Cruz.
The ecologically-orientated Finch Bay Hotel has 6 Finch Bay Suite and 21 Finch Bay Room all with bathrooms and air conditioning. Its infrastructure and activities are entirely orientated to a concept of true ecotourism – it has won numerous awards for its conservation efforts.
Delicious, healthy international and Galapagos-inspired dishes are prepared daily by the hotel’s qualified Executive Chef, using the freshest ingredients – including many from its organic vegetable garden.
Guests experience these remarkable islands at their own pace, exploring both land and sea wonders: Enriching, relaxing, life-changing. The Galapagos, the Finch Bay way.
- Choose wisely, travel smart: Whether land and sea, cruise-based, island hopping, or do it-yourself, we are your perfect Galapagos headquarters.
- Best location: Puerto Ayora’s sole beachfront property, situated on the central island of Santa Cruz, easy to get to and close to everything
- Flexible timing: Come when you want and stay as long as you wish.
- Activities as you like them: Hiking, biking, kayaking, snorkelling, scuba diving, surfing, day cruise, and beach outing options available for you every day.
- Skilled expedition leaders: The best itineraries and your expert naturalist guides make for a complete and nurturing understanding of the islands.
- Lie back and relax: Comfortable, well-appointed rooms, an extraordinary natural setting, the pool and beach at your doorstep and an accommodating staff that ensures you feel pampered.
- Voted the best in Puerto Ayora: Top quality, highly personalized service makes us #1 of 17 hotels in Puerto Ayora according to Trip Advisor.
- Amazing culinary experience: Our Cordon Bleu-educated gastronomy director and excellent restaurant staff elevate local and international dishes to another level.
- Award-winning green technology: Solar panels and the only water treatment plant of any hotel in Puerto Ayora reduce guests’ environmental footprint.
- 50+ years of experience: Bring your loved ones and know they are in good hands with a fully-compliant, safety-conscious operation.
- 17 Finch Bay Rooms (Twin) with 2 twin-size beds
- 4 Finch Bay Rooms (Double) with 1 king-size bed
- 3 Finch Bay Suites (Twin) with 2 full-size beds
- 3 Finch Bay Suites (Double) with 1 king-size bed
Note: Two pairs of Finch Bay Suites (Twin + Double) are interconnected. Ideal for families.
- Outdoor Pool
- Restaurant and Bar Lounge
- Beachfront access
- Telephone, Fax, E-mail
- Wi-Fi Internet
- Business Center and Library
- Safety Deposit Box
- Ice Machine
- Wake-up call available
- Laundry service (extra cost)
- Kayaks for rental (extra cost)
- Massage service (extra cost)
- One small backpack (waterproof)
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sneakers with rubber soles
- Long pants
- Long and Short sleeved shirts
- Wind breaker
- Bathing suit -wetsuit for snorkeling in cold months
- Hat or cap
- Toilette kit (biodegradable shampoo please)
- Sun block
- Camera & camcorder
- Any medicine you may be taking
- Book/ Notebook